Logan Staats featuring Layla Black
“She Just Wants A Folk Song”
Live from the Cotton Factory
Logan Staats is Mohawk, born on Six Nations of the Grand River Territory and was raised in the nearby town of Brantford, Canada. He started writing and performing music in his teens, playing the guitar and harmonica. Staats is well-known for his soulful lyrics and performance and has gained national recognition through a winning performance on CTV’s The Launch which yielded hit singles and National Aboriginal Music Awards.
- 2019 Best Radio Single for The Lucky Ones
- 2017 Best Producer/Engineer to Derek Miller for Goodbye Goldia
- 2017 Best Folk Album for Goodbye Goldia
Sponsored by the Cotton Factory for Hamilton Arts Week, filmed by Steady Canoe Productions.
- Producers — Glen Marshall and Annette Paiement
- 1ST Camera – Tim O’Reilly (Soundstill Productions)
- 2nd Camera — Lana Paiement
- Lighting — Lana Paiement
- Switching — Steve Deeps
- Sound — Mark Foley
- Graphics — Danielle Donville